Washing Machine is one of the most essential appliances which we use almost on daily basis and yet at the same time take for granted. Considering that a washing machine is an appliance which we invest after giving a lot of thought and researching, it makes sense to keep it running for as long as possible. Here are a few tips that we would like to share that might help you keep your washing machine in mint condition for a long period.
1. Check the water intake hoses: The failure in the process of water intake can cost you a lot of money. Usually, manufacturers recommend that you should get your washer hose examined once a year so that in case you find any issues with the same, it can be repaired at the same time. Look for cracks, blistering or splitting, and if there is an issue, call the service centre immediately. Or you can also, call a local plumber, get the part yourself, and further get it fixed.
2. Keep it level: Checking whether your washing machine is levelled or not is important. All you have to see is whether your machine is dancing or rocking while spinning. That means making sure all four of its legs are resting on a flat surface but it also can mean adjusting the legs themselves.
You can do it yourself by removing the lock nut, adjusting the legs and finally put the lock nut back firmly into place. Or you can also, use a carpenter’s help to level to ensure you got it right.
3. Clean the surface: To evade dust and grime from infiltrating the power-driven parts of your washer you should clean the external surfaces of the washer and also inside the drum on a daily basis. You can use a damp cloth with a mild detergent to wipe the surfaces clean.
4. Treat limescale: If you see a white, powdery build-up in the drum of your washer then you may have a limescale issue. Limescale is triggered by hard water mineral deposits and if left untreated it can make your washer less capable, possibly even shortening its useful life. You can buy an inexpensive limescale treatment from the stores. To treat your washer simply set it to the hot water cycle, let it fill with water and add the treatment. Let the cycle run its course and you are all done!
5. Wash smarter: Practice using the liquid, not powdered soap and only add the soap after the washer is full of water. Don’t overload or under-load your washer; two thirds full is seamless. Make sure to read the manufacturer’s manual for your particular washing machine and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the best results.