Washing Machine(s) are one of the essential appliances which we use almost daily and often take for granted. Considering how much thought we invest before purchasing them hence, longevity and fluid operation supersedes features. Here are few tips that we would like to share that might help you keep your washing machine in mint condition for an extended period.
- Check the water inlet hoses: Clogged water inlets can cost you a lot of money. Usually, manufacturers recommend that you get your washer hose examined once a year so that in case you find any issues with the same, it can be repaired at the same time. Look for cracks, blistering or splitting, and if there is an issue, call the service center immediately. Or you can also call a local plumber, get the spare part(s) yourself, and further get it fixed.
- Keep it levelled: Checking whether your washing machine is levelled or not is important. All you have to check is whether your washing machine is rocking or unstable while in spin-mode. Simply put, making sure all four legs are resting on a flat surface.
You can do it yourself by removing the lock nut, adjusting the legs and re-lock it firmly. Or you can also take a carpenter’s help ensure you got it right.
- Clean the surface: To evade dust and grime from infiltrating the power-driven parts of your washer, you should clean the external surfaces of the washer and inside the drum daily. You can use a damp cloth with a mild detergent to clean the surfaces.
- Treat lime scale: If you see a white, powdery build-up in the drum of your washer, then you may have a lime scale issue. Mineral deposits due hard water supply triggers lime scale, and if left untreated, it can make your washer less capable, possibly even shortening its utility. You can treat it with an inexpensive lime scale treatment powder or solution bought from the local hardware store. Please set the function dial to the hot water cycle to treat your washer, let it fill with water, and add the treatment. Let the cycle run its course, and you are all done!
- Wash smarter: Practice using the liquid detergent, over a powdered cleaner and only add the washing-up liquid after the washer is full of water. Don’t overload or under-load your washer; two thirds full is seamless. Make sure to read the manufacturer’s manual for your particular washing machine and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the best results.